ARTPOP - Lady Gaga - Track by track review
1. Aura- This song is very catchy & fun. I love the mixture of ‘western country’ with edm & dance music. One of my favorites.
2. Venus- Not sure if this song is about the planet or the goddess???!! It’s too ‘out of control’ and has no direct meaning. Not a fav.
3. G.U.Y.- This song is too much, and not what I expected.
4. Sexxx Dreams- I thought I would’ve liked this song but….no. I don’t. It’s too scary/stalkerish than sexy.
5. Jewels & Drugs- I actually like this song. Fun, urban, sort of reminds me of something off of Bangerz.
6. Manicure- Sounds like one of those ‘unreleased’ songs that Gaga made back when she had black hair and sang songs that sounded rock. Not very good.
7. Do what U want- Ummmm….what is this? Didn’t really like it. This album is tooooooo much about sex -_-
8. Artpop- After watching her perform this song on the iTunes festival, I thought it was gonna be light and fun….I was wrong. Too much synth, too much autotune!!!! This song has no meaning at all.
9. Swine- Just like ‘Manicure’ this song sounds like something ‘unreleased’….and it should’ve stayed unreleased.
10. Donatella- Wtf is this!!?? Gaga said this song was about empowering woman. How the hell is this empowering women? All it speaks about is ‘fashion.’
11. Fashion!- no comment…
12. Maryjane Holland- Didn’t really like this…it was all over the place and it had no direct point/path.
13. Dope- WHAT HAPPENED TO ‘I WANNA BE WITH YOU’?!!!!!!!!!!!? Gaga’s record label lost a good fucking song! Dope is stupid n it should’ve stayed with IWBWY.
14. Gypsy- The only good song (along side Aura & Applause) on the album. Redone and Gaga were meant to collab and make beautiful music like this one. Such a shame they only did one song :’( I fucking love this song. Beautifully written, nice vocals, piano….ugh….eargasm x) THIS IS SINGLE MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!
15. Applause- One of the few good songs on the album.
*Sidenote: I’m a little monsters, no doubt bout that, but this is not a very good album. All the songs sound exatcly the same. I feel like this album had no special meaning to it. And the presentation of the physical cd is ugly. Could’ve done better….btw what happened to ‘Princess Di’? Gaga confirmed it on the album. Where is it?